There is a risk of water overflow in an arena’s ice resurfacing room. Traditionally ice resurfacing machines, when left unattended could overflow with hot or cold water, because the water was not shut off when the machine was full. This wasted water and natural gas (if the water is hot).
- Reduce the amount of water used in the arena
- Free up time of a staff member during filling process
- Water and natural gas (if you are using hot water to flood the ice)
- Operations crew hours (e.g. clean up of spilled water)
- Health and safety of operations crew (e.g. slips on spilled water)