Forward thinking arenas can maximize their commitment to the environment, attract and promote better practices by having an EV charger available to arenas.
Having an EV charging station sends a message of environmental consciousness to patrons and skaters alike.
This lines up quite nicely with the other transportation alternatives to fossil fuel driven cars, such as public transportation, bike racks, ride sharing / carpooling, and premium parking for electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles and carpool vehicles.
EV charging stations act as a billboard for sustainability initiatives, and invite people onto the property and provide an immediate talking point.
- Level 2 charging station allows time for people charging their vehicle to come in to the arena and participate in an activity
- Allows users to top up during their time at the arena
- There may be rebates available from governments and utility companies
- Arena offers free EV charging
- How the growing City of Nanaimo reduced its energy bills
- BCHydro: Charging and electric vehicle
More ways to update the outside of your arena