Water is important when it comes to good health. Drinking an adequate supply of clean drinking water daily is crucial to helping your body function properly.
Purchasing plastic bottled water is on the rise and this is taking its toll on the environment with vast amounts of plastic waste ending up in landfill, waterways and oceans.
This is an environmental hazard with plastic bottles taking hundreds of years to biodegrade.
Ice arenas can help promote sustainability by encouraging the public to refill reusable bottles as an alternative to purchasing bottled water on their bottle filling stations and drinking fountains.
Those stations and fountains are ideal to provide convenient hydration with a rapid fill of filtered water to quench thirst. The best part is that they dramatically reduce the dependency on single-use plastics also reducing the amount of plastic waste going to landfill.
- Reduce single-use plastic waste
- Plastic going to landfills, waterways and oceans
- Co2 savings
- Electricity savings
- Transportation savings (e.g. bottled water delivery)
- CBC: Montreal looks to ban plastic bottles in city buildings
- Conserve energy future: 25 compelling reasons why plastic bottles should be banned
- CTV: McGill bans bottled water from campus
More ways to optimize your building operations