Get the rally cries and nominations ready! Kraft Heinz Canada, in partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA), has opened nominations for Kraft Hockeyville 2021.
Kraft Hockeyville has established a 15-year long legacy of breaking down barriers to community hockey by upgrading local hockey arenas in need of repair and refurbishing. Since its inception, Kraft Hockeyville has proudly awarded $3.8 million to 85 communities across the country.
Things look different this year
COVID has definitely made things challenging for the hockey community. The Kraft Hockeyville legacy is a powerful tool to ignite community spirit, which feels more necessary than ever after a challenging year for all Canadians. Why not nominate your local arena and be the hockey hero your community needs right now?
Keep your eyes on the prize
The 2021 grand prize winner will have an opportunity to host an NHL® preseason game, receive $250,000 towards arena upgrades along with the coveted title of Kraft Hockeyville 2021.
Three additional community finalists will also be selected and awarded $25,000 for arena upgrades, while each of the final four will receive $10,000 in brand new hockey equipment for their minor hockey programs, courtesy of the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund.
How do you make your local arena stand out?
If you’re looking to nominate your community for Kraft Hockeyville 2021, our team has compiled some tips from past winners to help set your nomination apart from the rest.
- Read the contest guidelines at krafthockeyville.ca to nominate your community and better understand what you can do to set your community apart.
- Check in with past winners for advice on how to rally your community and earn rally points.
- Appoint community team captains. Ensuring clear lines of responsibility will help make sure that nominations are in on time.
- Get everyone involved! Whether that’s kids, teens, parents, or seniors, everyone can play a part in making your nomination special. Identify the local leaders, businesses and media who can help spread the word and bring the community together behind your nomination bid!
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! If you have any questions about the nomination or what you can do to help rally your community virtually this year, reach out to the Kraft Hockeyville team on Facebook for more information or visit their website.
How can you nominate your community?
Nominations are now open for Kraft Hockeyville 2021 and will close on February 14 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The nomination period is the key time to tell your community’s story about its passion for hockey. Nominate your community at krafthockeyville.ca today.
Kraft Hockeyville reminds all Canadians to continue to adhere to all COVID-19 health and safety protocols that may be required or recommended by federal, provincial or local authorities in their respective jurisdictions, which may include social distancing guidelines, limitations on large gatherings, and mask wearing.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2020. All Rights Reserved.