Besides the refrigeration system, lighting is typically an ice rink’s largest electricity consumer. Arenas can save energy costs and reduce the load on the refrigeration system by removing all old fluorescent (T12) / halogen / incandescent light technology and upgrading to more energy efficient Light Emitting Diodes (LED) lights.
- Increased life time of lights
- Reduced cost
- Improved lighting – instant on / off with no warm-up time
- Less heat produced – reduces load on ice plant
- Lowers energy demand charges
- Enhanced arena estetics
- Enhanced arena aesthetics