Located in Black Diamond, Oilfields Regional Arena is home to the Foothills Skating Club and hosts games for the High Country Minor Hockey Association, as well as public skating hours. It is a fully equipped arena with dressing rooms, a concession and kitchen, and viewing stands.
The Oilfields Regional Arena has done lots to decrease their environmental footprint. For 2017, the solar panels at the Oilfields Regional Arena generated 21,172 kWh of power. 5,952 kWh of which was sold back to the grid. Yet that’s only one aspect of this energy efficient arena with an ENERGYSTAR score of 95!
- High-efficiency furnace in its place
- Energy efficient water heaters
- Insulated the building, weatherstripped it, insulated their hot water pipes
- Low-E ceiling
- 200 watt LED lighting
- Motion sensors to control the lights
- All other lights in the facilities, they’re “key controlled” by arena staff.
- All systems of the ice plant are controlled by Energy Management System
See here for a more information: